The funniest event of the year - the Fair “Dižmāras” [Grand
Mara’s Fair]. The town of Talsi invites merchants from from near
and far for trading, doing funny stuff and dancing. The most
picturesque area of the town - Fabrikas iela, Lielā iela from
Zvaigžņu iela to Ezeru laukums, Ezeru laukums, Ezera iela from
Ezeru laukums to Ezera iela 5, the Town Square and the square on
the Talsi Community centre - is put at merchants’ disposal.
The Grand Mara’s Fair is traditionally dedicated to a local crop which has to be different each year. Sequentially, it had been bean, cabbage, onion, pumpkin, sunflower, carrot, and in 2018 the crown went to the tomato!
Since 2013, the sister towns of Talsi also hold their festivals during the fair. Alanya (Turkey) days took place in 2013 while guests from Lejre (Denmark) were welcomed in 2014.
You are cordially invited to visit the fair in Talsi!
57°14'38.166"N 22°35'29.447"E / 57.243935 22.591513
- Pottery Workshop “Ciparnīca”
- Clown Museum
- Galerija Art
- Talsi Cultural Center and Creative Yard
- Excursion "Talsi with a backpack!"
- Talsi town map. Walking routs
- On Bicycle Routes in Nature Park Talsi Hollocks and Surroundings
- Mill hill
- Baznīckalns (Church hill)
- Talsi Hillfort
- Leču kalns (Leču hill)
- Tiguļu kalns (Tiguļu hill)
- Hill Ķēniņkalns
- Krievragkalns (Russian horn hill)
- Vilkmuiža (Wolf manor) hill
- Lake Vilkmuižas
- Talsi synagogue
- Talsi Roman Catholic Church
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Talsi Regional Museum
- Talsi Evangelical Lutheran Church
- The Promenade of the Lake Talsi
- Talsi Baptist Church
- Monument "Koklētājs"
- Sauleskalns (Sun hill)
- Monument for revolution from 1905-1907